Your entire effort in keeping the house clean can be wasted if dusty fixtures and fittings dull the overall home appearance. From taps to showerheads to towel bars and hinges, chrome exists everywhere in the house, mainly in the bathroom. Try some of the cleaning tips described below to keep chrome shiny and stain free from ingredients already available at home.
Cleaning chrome with lemon
As you might know, lemons are used for various cleaning purposes and they play a vital role in cleaning chrome fixtures. You can follow these easy steps:
- Rub the crux of the lemon on the chrome with a little pressure.
- Let the lemon juice rest for a while on the fixtures for 5minutes to clean hard water stains and buildups.
- A microfiber cloth can then be used to wipe off the juice on it.
- Repeat this process until your fixtures and fittings are free from rubbles.
Cleaning chrome with vinegar
You can use vinegar too to clean chrome. Just follow these simple steps:
- Mix equal amount of vinegar with equal amount of water.
- Apply this solution to the chrome fixtures using a cloth or a sponge.
- You can use a toothbrush for any hard to reach areas around it.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe off the solution after scrubbing.
Cleaning chrome with baking soda
Baking soda is known to get rid of tough stains. For cleaning chrome with baking soda, just follow these simple steps:
- Make a paste from a mixture of baking soda and a teaspoon of water.
- Spread this paste over the chrome fixtures and fittings.
- Wipe off the paste using gentle pressure with a microfiber cloth.
- Rinse the residual paste on the fixtures with distilled water.
- Wipe out the fixtures with a dry microfiber cloth.
Regular chrome maintenance
We asked one of our domestic cleaners in Queensway for some general tips on chrome maintenance. After removing nasty spots and stains from chrome, it is essential to keep it gleaming for long. A little daily care can help with that.
- You can wipe the chrome fittings and fixtures with a dry microfiber cloth after each use. This will prevent any mould from building up quickly.
- Alternatively, you can take care of it on a weekly basis. Make a solution of a few drops of dishwashing liquid and distilled water. Dip a microfiber cloth in the solution to clean the fixtures. Then, use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe off the residual solution on the chrome.
You must not get enough time to stick to your regular cleaning schedule. To seek help with these wearying tasks, hire a professional cleaner. Whether you need a weekly cleaning service in Central London or a reliable housekeeper in Edmonton, we've got you covered.