Update Thursday 26 November 2020
On this page, we outline relevant government policy and safety guidelines for the domestic cleaning sector and we answer FAQ. We are operating as normal and have implemented extra measures to provide safe services.
New Tier 2 restrictions for London
On 26 November it was announced that London would be placed in Tier 2 after the
national lockdown ends on Wednesday 2 December. Details for the new tiers are published
on a government website
You can also check restrictions by postcode here
The main rules for Tier 2 are:
- The rule of six applies outdoors but there is no household mixing anywhere indoors
- Pubs must close unless operating as restaurants. Hospitality venues can only serve alcohol with substantial meals and close at 11.00pm
- In all tiers, essential and non-essential retail, gyms and close-contact beauty services like hairdressers will be able to open. Schools and universities will remain open
- Everyone who can work from home should continue to do so
Cleaners can continue working in people’s homes
Cleaners are permitted to work in customer homes subject to safety and social
distancing rules. We have outlined the rules in our guidelines below. You can find the latest Government guidance for people working in,
visiting or delivering to other people's homes .
Please note that work should be carried out in a household which is isolating because one or more family members has symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield.
TidyChoice cleaning services in your house
We have incorporated government safety guidelines into our operations.
We have also recommended additional safety and cleaning measures to keep cleaners and customers safe (see below details).
To help get your home back in order, we have a 1 Hour Free Cleaning offer
for new customers. You can book the cleaning service using code TCDIR. We have vetted housekeepers and cleaners in all London locations
We have provided guidance on the best cleaning practices to protect your home against Coronavirus. You can find the guidance here
When working in people’s homes is not permitted
- No work should be carried out by a cleaner who has coronavirus symptoms,
however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
- No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded.
In these circumstances, cleaning sessions must be skipped either by pausing the booking or cancelling sessions.
Customers will not be charged for sessions unless they opt to pay for sessions (see FAQ below).
Safety guidelines for cleaners and customers
- TidyChoice will email advance notification of sessions to customers
- Cleaners should wash their hands when entering a home using soap and water for 20 seconds.
Hands should be washed regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing,
and when leaving the property
- Where facilities to wash hands are not available, cleaners should use hand sanitiser that they should carry
- Cleaners should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times.
We recommend that customers stay in a different room during cleaning
- Cleaners should ensure good ventilation in the area where you are working, including opening the window
- Cleaners should pay special attention to 'high-touch' areas, such as door, cupboard handles,
light switches, TV remotes, tables and countertops
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products, then disinfected using a product such as Dettol
Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray
- Warm water should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors,
to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Cleaners and customers should wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60C+) after every use
We encourage the use of face coverings in enclosed spaces where social distancing
isn’t possible. There is growing evidence that wearing a face covering in an enclosed
space helps protect individuals and those around them from COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pause my booking?
To pause a booking log into your account, click Booked Services on the menu and click Pause button. Your professional will be notified that they do not need to attend sessions until the booking resumes.
To resume a booking click the Resume button in Booked Services.
If you want to reinstate a cancelled booking and put on “pause”, please let us know.
Can I make a financial contribution to my cleaner for the sessions that she cannot work?
Cleaners are freelance professionals and any such contribution would be greatly appreciated. We are sure that they will repay such kindness with free additional hours or cleaning tasks in the future.
If you wish to pay for some or all of the hours of sessions that are not taking place, do not cancel sessions. Agree with your cleaner the number of hours that you would like to pay for. They will submit the agreed number of hours and receive the payment directly from you.
How do I reinstate or reschedule cancelled sessions?
Contact your cleaner and check their availability for the session. They can add or reschedule the session. Please contact TidyChoice if you need further help.
I cancelled my booking but want the same cleaner after the “lockdown” period. What do I do?
Contact TidyChoice and we will rebook the cleaner for you.
Can my cleaner use public transport?
Yes. Guidelines on using public transport are available on the Government’s FAQ
. The government wants people to stay local to reduce travel. Cleaners on the
TidyChoice platform choose their area of work so they are generally live close to
The UK government has
said that people in England should wear face coverings on public transport and in some shops from 13 May.
Where do I find information on how to clean my own home and protect my household against Coronavirus?
We have provided guidance on best practice to protect against Coronavirus. You can find the guidance here
We will continue to monitor the situation and introduce new measures as required.
Please let us know if you have any concerns.
Thank you for your support and understanding,
The TidyChoice Team