On this page, we outline the latest government policy on Covid-19 and provide guidelines for the domestic cleaning sector.
We are operating as normal and have implemented measures to provide safe services.
Whilst many people have been fully vaccinated and have had booster jabs, it is still possible to catch and spread coronavirus. The Delta and Omicron variants are highly infectious. Consequently, we need to adopt a cautious approach and manage the risk for customers and cleaners using our service.
The government has issued guidelines on how to stay safe and how to prevent the spread of coronavirus. You can find these guidelines here. In addition, the government has also issued guides for workplaces which you can find here
We have incorporated government guidelines into our operations. We are recommending common sense measures to help keep cleaners and customers safe. All situations are different so individuals should exercise personal judgement to manage their own risk. Whilst no situation is completely risk-free, every recommendation on our guidelines reduces the risk of infection.
Safety guidelines for cleaners and customers
- TidyChoice will email advance notification of sessions to customers
- Cleaners should wash their hands when entering a home using soap and water for 20 seconds.
Hands should be washed regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing,
and when leaving the property
- Where facilities to wash hands are not available, cleaners should use hand sanitiser that they should carry
- Cleaners should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times.
We recommend that customers stay in a different room during cleaning
- Cleaners should ensure good ventilation in the area where you are working, including opening the window
- Cleaners should pay special attention to 'high-touch' areas, such as door, cupboard handles,
light switches, TV remotes, tables and countertops
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products, then disinfected using a product such as Dettol
Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray
- Warm water should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors,
to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Cleaners and customers should wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60C+) after every use.We encourage the use of face coverings in enclosed spaces where social distancing isn’t possible.
We have provided detailed guidance on the best cleaning practices to protect your home against Coronavirus.
You can find the guidance here
We encourage the use of face coverings in enclosed spaces where social distancing
isn’t possible. There is growing evidence that wearing a face covering in an enclosed
space helps protect individuals and those around them from COVID-19.
Working in people’s homes is not permitted when
- A cleaner has coronavirus symptoms, however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
- A household is isolating or where an individual is being shielded.
We will continue to monitor the developments and revise our operations as required.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support and understanding,
The TidyChoice Team