“Lockdown” service update
Update Monday 1 June 2020
On this page, we outline relevant government policy, safety guidelines and we answer FAQ.
We are operating as normal and have implemented extra measures to provide safe services.
On 1 June 2020, the government eased lockdown measures in England with schools reopening for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6, and groups of up to six people being permitted to meet outdoors in private and public spaces.
Life is beginning to normalise.
To help get your home back in order, we have a 1 Hour Free Cleaning offer for new customers.
You can book the cleaning service here.
Cleaners can continue working in people’s homes
Cleaners are permitted to work in customer homes during the “lockdown” period.
The Government's latest guidelines
confirm that house cleaning,
childcare and other in-home services can continue subject to safety and social distancing rules.
We have incorporated government safety guidelines into our operations.
We have also recommended additional safety and cleaning measures to keep cleaners and customers safe.
When working in people’s homes is not permitted
- No work should be carried out by a cleaner who has coronavirus symptoms,
however mild, or when someone in their own household has symptoms.
- No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded.
In these circumstances, cleaning sessions must be skipped either by pausing the booking or cancelling sessions.
Customers will not be charged for sessions unless they opt to pay for sessions (see FAQ below).
Safety guidelines for cleaners and customers
- TidyChoice will email advance notification of sessions to customers
- Cleaners should wash their hands when entering a home using soap and water for 20 seconds.
Hands should be washed regularly, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing,
and when leaving the property
- Where facilities to wash hands are not available, cleaners should use hand sanitiser that they should carry
- Cleaners should maintain a safe distance (at least 2 metres) from any household occupants at all times.
We recommend that customers stay in a different room during cleaning
- Cleaners should ensure good ventilation in the area where you are working, including opening the window
- Cleaners should pay special attention to 'high-touch' areas, such as door, cupboard handles,
light switches, TV remotes, tables and countertops
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products, then disinfected using a product such as Dettol
Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray
- Warm water should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors,
to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Cleaners and customers should wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60C+) after every use
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pause my booking?
To pause a booking log into your account, click Booked Services on the menu and click Pause button. Your professional will be notified that they do not need to attend sessions until the booking resumes.
To resume a booking click the Resume button in Booked Services.
If you want to reinstate a cancelled booking and put on “pause”, please let us know.
Can I make a financial contribution to my cleaner for the sessions that she cannot work?
Cleaners are freelance professionals and any such contribution would be greatly appreciated. We are sure that they will repay such kindness with free additional hours or cleaning tasks in the future.
If you wish to pay for some or all of the hours of sessions that are not taking place, do not cancel sessions. Agree with your cleaner the number of hours that you would like to pay for. They will submit the agreed number of hours and receive the payment directly from you.
How do I reinstate or reschedule cancelled sessions?
Contact your cleaner and check their availability for the session. They can add or reschedule the session. Please contact TidyChoice if you need further help.
I cancelled my booking but want the same cleaner after the “lockdown” period. What do I do?
Contact TidyChoice and we will rebook the cleaner for you.
Can my cleaner use public transport?
Yes. However, according to the PM statement on 10th May and Q5 on the Government’s FAQ page
, people should avoid public transport if possible because of social distancing.
The government wants people to stay local to reduce travel.
Cleaners on the TidyChoice platform choose the area they want to work in so they are generally live close to their customers.
The UK government has
said that people in England should wear face coverings on public transport and in some shops from 13 May.
Where do I find information on how to clean my own home and protect my household against Coronavirus?
We have provided guidance on best practice to protect against Coronavirus. You can find the guidance here
We will continue to monitor the situation and introduce new measures as required.
Please let us know if you have any concerns.
Thank you for your support and understanding,
The TidyChoice Team