Why should I use
- TidyChoice is the only website where you can hand pick and book your preferred home care professional from a selection of fully vetted professionals
- You have a direct relationship with your home professional so you are always in control
- You can select your home professional on price and ratings to get the best value for money
- It is easy and convenient to book through TidyChoice
Who are the professionals profiled in TidyChoice?
- All professionals self-employed individuals with years of experience that pride themselves on
giving good quality service and delighting their customers
- All professionals have been fully vetted by TidyChoice and have received recommendations from at least 3 customers
- Home care professionals use TidyChoice because they are free to choose their own rates, work locations and hours of work whilst getting online tools to manage their work
Can I trust the professional?
- Yes. All professionals go through a rigorous screening process that includes a background and identity screen, an in-person interview, and reference checks.
Who provides the cleaning products and equipment?
- Independent cleaners usually do not carry their own cleaning equipment. Customers are expected to provide:
- A vacuum cleaner.
- Mop or equivalent.
- Broom or equivalent.
- Cleaning cloths, scourers, dust wipes, kitchen paper, etc.
- When requesting the cleaner to bring her/his own products.
- For regular cleaning there is a fee of £1 per hour which is added to each cleaning session to cover the costs of the products.
- For one-off cleaning there is a fee of £2 per hour which is added to each cleaning session to cover the costs of the products.
- Products for oven cleaning are always charged £5.
- For regular cleaning sessions, the cleaner might decide to leave the products at the customer's home for convenience.
- Unless customers have requested the cleaner to bring their own cleaning products, they are expected to provide with:
- Surface cleaner.
- Limescale remover.
- Floor cleaner.
- Window cleaner.
- Specific product for sensitive surfaces at home (e.g wood).
- Washing powder.
Does TidyChoice offer a key holding service?
- No, TidyChoice only manages the availability, booking and payments for jobs
- You should agree with your professional whether they will be keeping your keys or not
How many hours are required to clean my home?
- Our website estimates the number of hours required based on the size of your house, the number of occupants and the extras that you require
- The estimate is based on our experience of cleaning similar homes. If you have any questions on the estimate of time required please, call us
What is covered in the standard clean?
- Dusting all visible surfaces in all rooms
- Vacuum cleaning and/or mopping all floors
- General tidying up
- General cleaning in the kitchen:
- Washing up
- Wiping down sides and counters
- Cleaning the cooker
- Tidying up
- Floor mopping
- General cleaning in the bathrooms:
- Toilet cleaning
- Bathtub/Shower cleaning
- Sink cleaning
- Floor mopping
- TidyChoice suggests an estimated amount of hours based on this workload. If you need the professional to do more specific work, do not hesitate to discuss with
them your needs and priorities and agree on the exact number of hours required before your clean.
What is included in Cooking services?
- Preparation of fresh ingredients eg peeling potatoes, washing vegetables
- Cooking basic dishes for dinner, lunch or breakfast
- Washing dishes after meals is part of a cleaning service
What is included in Food Shopping service?
- Travelling to and from shops
- Buying items from a shopping list
What is covered by Basic Gardening?
- Watering potted plants
- Sweeping and tidying patios
- Pruning potted plants
How can I cancel my booked session?
- To cancel a session, log into TidyChoice, go to Schedule and cancel a session
- TidyChoice will automatically inform the professional that he/she will not be expected on that day
- If you cancel your session less than 24h before is due, you will still be charged
What if I do not want to continue with my home care provider?
- You can stop your current services at any time
- To cancel their services completely, log into TidyChoice and go to Bookings to cancel the booking
- TidyChoice will automatically inform the professional that his/her services are no longer required
- Use the TidyChoice search to choose a new home care professional, should you want a replacement
Do I need to leave cash to for the service?
- No, it is not necessary
- You pay your home care provider with the bank card you used to pay the deposit
- Each professional submits the amount of hours they have worked at the end of each session and use the TidyChoice platform to charge your bank card
How much are professionals paid?
- Professionals registered in TidyChoice choose their own hourly rates
- They are paid their full rate
- TidyChoice proudly supports Social Enterprise UK SEUK No. 8906. Social enterprises are businesses that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment.
We are committed to improving the lives of both our customers and the professionals that register on our website.
It is important that home care professionals are fairly compensated for the hard work that they do.
That is why they choose their own hourly rates and we ensure that they are paid those rates in full.
- Customers are free to choose the professional that is just right for them.
What happens when my home care professional goes on holiday?
- When you book a professional via TidyChoice you engage specifically with that professional
- If your home care provider leaves on holiday and you need somebody to replace her, you will have to book another professional online
- Do not hesitate to contact us, should you need any help